This Friday, March 8th, women and men of the world will honor International Women's Day. To celebrate the feminist in each of us I am going to be doing an art print giveaway of the Lady Liberty print.
I want to make it as fun and easy as possible. Please tell the world your favorite fearless female by posting the name on (1) This blog post (2) On this post on the @mungavision account on Instagram AND/OR (3) on the @mungavision account on Facebook. Enter up to three times by posting the name of the lady you want to honor on all three mediums even. The winner will be announced Saturday, March 9th on all three locations. Art print will be mailed to the winner's address after.
ABOUT THIS DESIGN
This design was actually inspired when my mother and aunt went to the Women's March. Politics can be a very sensitive issue and generally as a small business I like to steer clear of sensitive issues that can be overly polarized with social media. However, this piece while inspired during a heightened political season, is inspiration for all parties as it takes inspirational quotes from so many fearless females in history.
I am currently working on another political inspired piece and one again my goal is to uplift one another no matter our political differences with messages we can all find heart in. I lived in DC for nearly 8 years and one of the things that's really wonderful in the DC area is that you meet people of all different political views who feel more free to discuss opinions openly without fear of it turning into a hostile argument. I hope the Lady Liberty art print inspires individuals of all parties to rise and lift their fellow females! Be sure to enter on one or all 3 of the platforms (the blog, Instagram or Facebook).
Quotes Included in the Lady Liberty Art Print
- I do not wish women to have power over men; but over themselves. - Mary Shelley
- I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change... I'm changing the things I cannot accept. - Angela Davis
- I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I must not fail to do the something that I can do. - Helen Keller
- We realized the importance of our voice when we are silenced. - Malala Yousafzai
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
- Women belong in all places where decisions are being made...it shouldn't be that women are the exception. - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. - Anne Frank
- What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. - Jane Goodall
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any. - Alice Walker